Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Carnival of the Blogging Chicks Submission Guidelines

For those who are new to Carnivals, here is a definition:

...where someone takes the time to find really good blog posts on a given topic, and then puts all those posts together in a blog post called a "carnival".

Our topic is us, these posts will reflect us. What we like, what we blog about, who we are. These things will be reflected in whatever post you choose to submit.

The deadline for submission to the Carnival of the Blogging Chicks will be midnight, Saturday, June 10. Please email me a summary statement of what your post is about. Here is an example of a submission I made to the Christian Carnival:

Michele continues looking at the context of the story of Samson and Delilah by examining the significance of the lion and the honey in Judges 14.

Go here for other examples.

Email me the html code. Make sure that you include in your summary statement a link to the post, not your entire blog.

You can submit anything you want. There are no rules this week regarding the date of your posting but in the future you will only be able to submit recent content (within the week of the last Carnival) and we may have topics occasionally but for the most part this Carnival is about you.

Now, as a special incentive to get those summaries to me early, they will be listed in the order I receive them. And look, I've already received mine, so I'm first! (hehe) No, I'm not going to be that mean, I'm going to refrain from taking first (I'll settle for second :-).

So, what are you waiting for, email me :-).

Also, make sure you post that we are doing this so both your readers and other Blogging Chicks will know to come here on Sunday and read what was submitted.

Updated to add: Ok, you all realized I mean midnight EST, right? We are going by the time in my time zone since I'm the one who is going to try to put this together before she goes to church. I hope to have it up before 9:00AM EST.